If you were having coffee with me, I would say goodnight 2017 Asante Sana! (That’s Swahili for Thank you very much)
I am pleased to announce that I smashed the resolutions I made earlier in the year, whoop whoop!
- First being to interact with more bloggers; recently celebrated having a 1000+ followers I must be doing something right….. Salute!!!
- I now run a blogging network alongside 4 other bloggers from different corners of the African continent; you can find us on twitter as Afrobloggers
- I am also part of the team behind BloggersZim and we will be bringing you ZimBlogging Awards….
- And the wonderful community of the BlogIndaba, a bloggers coterie (mostly Zimbabwean bloggers)
- I was a speaker for the first ever at a WordCamp and my presentation was titled a Website is a conversation
- Man’s International check the statistics
What do you have planned for us? Bigger and better things.
If you were having coffee with me, I would tell you that this the first year without Mugabe at its helm, we are all curious to see which direction the interim president will steer us, or will history as they say repeat itself…….
How long after Christmas can you start taking down the Christmas tree and decorations, I am eyeing it for firewood for the net barbecue…
If you were having coffee with me, I would tell you that some get snow for Christmas and we get, rain, it rains every Christmas and still every Christmas we make plans to hold a barbecue….
Tradition I guess and I love to say its because my totem is fire, that’s how we honour our ancestors they invented fire after all (if you want to read more on this curious story click here)
If you are having coffee with me I would introduce a cousin, Munyaradzi on his first visit to Zimbabwe from the UK;
What better way to welcome someone than a cake with a flag on it
I am super curious on how his experience has been in his own words and so expect a guest post coming up…… this means you cant wiggle out now Munya the internet awaits your tale…..
If you were having coffee with me I would tell you to have a great year ahead…..
PS Hayley won an award in the Zimbabwe Models Award (she features in a guest chat on a previous post Coffee with Hayley) Congrats Hayley
and my best moment in 2017, my sister’s wedding: