A blogging survey: Afrobloggers
- How long have you been running your current blog(s) for?
Hmmmm well according to my archives my first post is from September 2013…… it seems like a lot but if you factor in teething problem; life getting in the way because life has a habit of happening, and some procrastination effectively I would say I have been fairly consistent in maybe past 2 years.
- What is the purpose of your blog?
To be written. Ha! Or maybe to be read or fusion of the two with greater part being simply to be written… I never had grand designs to change the world or push any agendas maybe the purpose of this blog is to find its purpose….. Or maybe it already has and I just haven’t figured it out.
- How many blogs do you follow?
A lot because I don’t know where you check to find out.
- How frequently do you post on your blog and how do you share your posts?
I usually try to have at least one #CoffeeShare post a week and a random post inbetween them. I share via Pinterest, Twitter sometimes Facebook and if it’s a post I want particular people to read I will email the link even text them if I know their numbers… sometimes Its Magic; I post & Wish
- Do you have any writing rituals? A particular time you write, music you listen to, quirky habits to get in the zone?
I prefer to write in a darkened room drapes closed lights off, preferably at night, because I am a nocturnal creature; not forgetting a coffee mug full of herbal lemon tea accompanied by Music by FreshlyGroundSA or Enya sometimes a playlist with The Script, Maroon 5, Nickelback, Evanesence, Linkin Park
- Do you have a special time set aside for blogging related activities, or whenever, whenever you get a moment and internet
No particular time, if I have a moment and if I have internet…. Its tea time.
- How often do you check on your blog?
as often as one checks the time, especially after I have just had a post published; I keep an eye on the notifications. I get email alerts for comments to my blog and I try to respond to all of them … eventually and when I get the chance also check that person’s blog in return, fair’s fair.
- Laptop or phone?
Both I sync draft notes on laptop to phone so I can easily edit On The Go.
- Do you take the time to read and discover new blogs? How much time do you spend reading other blogs?
I spend a significant amount of time scouting my reader screen, I have found that I have had to group the blogs I read into lists so I know which to go back to for what like poetry or stories, lifestyle, and some for potential ideas for future posts for my blogs, and potential guest post material
- How much internet data do you use in a typical day or week. (is it personal, school or work internet? Wi-Fi or mobile data)
On average 1 gig a day on personal Wi-Fi (when I have only mobile data I usually post via email since its easier on my data than trying to load the WordPress site or running the WordPress App)
Bonus question: If your blog was movie what which one would it be?
The Secret Life Of Walter Mitty
Thats my truth today but tomorrow might be different every day I re-imagine myself.
source: Emma Edit